All the great religions and philosophies speak of the Law of Cause and Effect.
They phrase it in a variety of ways:
- What you sow, so shall you reap.
- If you put a lot out, you get a lot back.
- You can’t get back something other than what you give.
- You can’t grow potatoes by planting corn… and you can’t reap diamonds by planting rocks.
- What goes around, comes around.
- As you give, so shall you receive.
What you put out to your child comes back in his/her behaviors. I was at the market today watching the saddest scene… a mother shouting at her child about respect. Here she was, out of control, yelling that passers by were actually stopping, giving this poor 5 or 6 year old a lecture on respect… totally UNaware of her lack of respect for the poor child (and everyone who witnessed it, uncomfort, embarassment and totaly sympathy for the child!)
Just wanted to share that – it’s so sad to see people who are not conscious of the power of their words and attitudes….